Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is written as a Weight Watchers recipe but is easily adaptable to full fat ingredients and tastes good either way! It's not meant to be a complicated, balanced meal but a quick, tasty supper dish that goes well with just about anything. I like the flavour of garlic to be quite strong so feel free to use less if you do not.
- 2 cups dry pasta (shells work well)
- 1 tablespoon low-fat butter
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed (or less to your taste)
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat ranch dressing
- 3⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh grated parmesan cheese (optional topping)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- A few minutes before the pasta finishes cooking, melt the butter in a non-stick skillet.
- Crush the garlic into the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Make sure the garlic and butter are mixed together so the garlic does not burn.
- Add the ranch dressing, sour cream and salt and pepper.
- Over a low-medium heat, warm the sauce gently, stirring occasionally.
- When the pasta is cooked, mix it with the sauce and serve hot.
- Top with parmesan cheese if you have the points to spare!
My family thought this was OK. I followed the recipe as written There was something with the ranch, sour cream, garlic mixture that we weren't fond of.
This was just ok for us. Iam giving this four stars instead of 3 because It might be my fault it didnt turn out great. I used fat free ranch instead of low fat, and we all know the fat free does have a strange after taste. I will make again using the low fat ranch. With that said, we did like the dish and the concept of it. It was very quick and easy to make. I will update when I make again. Thanks. :)