Recipe by weekend cooker
The simple ingredients in this recipe give it flavor the whole family will enjoy.
Top Review by twissis
Made for your Football Pool win, this is definitely an easy-fix recipe that is both ingredient & family-friendly. The chicken was tender & moist, but surprisingly a bit bland for our taste pref. More of an issue for me was what I felt were problems w/proportions. My chicken breasts were lrg, so I split 2 breast halves into 4 smaller pieces & did not chg the amts of the other ingredients. Despite that, there was a shortage of the dry coating mixture. Additionally, the combo of 1T of olive oil 1T of butter wasn't near enough to fully brown & cook the 4 smaller pieces of chicken. That said, I'll be making this again & will prob use 1/3 cup flour w/2T of the Ranch dressing mix & extra garlic to get more dry coating & a more intense flavour. It was served w/a "creative" pasta side a cucumber salad. I really liked this & see it as compatible w/almost any family dining fare. Congrats on you FP win & thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken slightly, and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine milk, and garlic.
- In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, salad dressing mix,and pepper.
- Dip chicken in milk mixture, then coat with flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil and butter over medium high heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.