Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes such moist and tender chicken! Before grilling, I sprinkled a little black pepper and some cajun seasoning on this. The prep time includes marinading in the refrigerator for half an hour, although it is better if you can do it longer. ***Edited to add OAMC Instructions at the end of the recipe. Thank you to *Maggie* and the OAMC Forum. :)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup fat free ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Combine the dressing, garlic and basil in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken pieces, turning them to coat.
- Seal bag and place in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill chicken breasts for 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
- OAMC - To freeze: Place chicken and marinade ingredients into a large freezer bag. Seal, pushing out as much air as possible. Label and freeze. To serve: Thaw in fridge overnight. Grill as directed in recipe.
Very easy recipe with only a few ingredients that are almost always on hand. Chicken comes out moist and flavorful. I did substitute a Buttermilk Ranch with Bacon dressing instead of fat free. Even our 18 month-old ate some of this and he's not much into meat.
Made this for Freezer Tag 2008: This was a very simple marinade and was so easy to make into a "dump" recipe. I just dumped everything into a ziploc and froze. I defrosted in the fridge and grilled as directed. Somehow my family didn't like this. To us it was very bland which was surprising since when I opened the bag there was such a wonderful aroma. We probably won't be making this again since I just don't know what to do to improve the overall taste.
Made it for my family the other day, using Buttermilk Ranch Dressing instead of Fat free. I hate Fat free ranch, and while it would make a good marinade, I didn't want to have to eat what was left over. I was a little worried that it wouldn't cook well due to the thickness of the dressing, but it actually worked just fine and was super good. Will definitely do it again. Parents said they want to make it again next weekend, in fact.