Prep 2 mins
Cook 18 mins
Quinoa is a very high protein grain which originated in the Andes mountains of Bolivia and Peru as a staple food of the Incas. It's gluten-free and rich in L-lysine, phosphorus, calcium, iron, B vitamins, and vitamin E. A yet untried recipe submitted for Zaar World Tour II.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well and drained
- 2 cups water or 2 cups broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Sauté onion in olive oil for 2-3 minutes; add garlic and continue sautéing for another 30 seconds or so.
- Add quinoa, water and salt to pan; bring to boil then reduce heat then cover and simmer 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
This is a really bland recipe. I won't make it again.
Awesome recipe. It was real simple and delicious. Highly recommend this recipe.
This is a very tasty way to serve quinoa. We now make this often!