Recipe by Kanzeda
In this recipe, pumpkin escapes the dessert pigeon hole and speaks of it's true potential.
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the small pumpkins as you would a jack-o-lantern (cut off top to make a lid, and scrape out the guts).
- Cover pumpkins inside and out with olive oil, then place one clove and sprig in each pumpkin.
- Put their tops on and bake on a cookie sheet in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes or until pumpkin flesh is soft.
- Allow the pumpkins to cool, then remove the rosemary and scoop out the soft flesh.
- Leave 1/2 inch of flesh in your serving pumpkin.
- Puree the garlic and flesh, then return to the serving pumpkin.
- Great with crackers, or veggies as dippers.