Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Prime Rib is definitely the king of meats! This is a simple, yet elegant and impressive entree for your Christmas feast. From allrecipes.com.
- 10 lbs prime rib roast
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Place the roast in a roasting pan with the fatty side up.
- Loosen the fat from the meat by cutting with a sharp knife.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Spread the mixture under the fatty side and over it as well.
- Secure with kitchen twine.
- Let the roast sit out at room temperature, no longer than one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Bake the roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 325 and continue roasting for an additional 60 to 75 minutes.
- The Internal temperature of the roast should be at 145 degrees F (53 degrees C) for medium rare.
- Allow the roast to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving so the meat can retain its juices.
Awesome recipe, I have used this recipe many times on pork roast and standing rib roast. I stumbled on this recipe on another site and modified it a little. Made a paste with the olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, minced roasted garlic, then followed the rest of the recipe. I take mine out of the oven at 115 degrees F and let it rest and the temp will rise about ten more degrees for rare. Most of my family prefers rare prime rib. Serve with pineapple salsa.
Incredibly delicious. The best prime rib I have ever had. My family went nuts with delight the first time I made it. I'll never make prime rib any other way
Just about the best I have had. Hubby insists I make this when we have a special occasion. Easy, and IDEAL for those of us who don't think to prepare the meat 24 hours in advance! Thanx!