1/1 Photo of Garlic Prime Rib
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Prime Rib is definitely the king of meats! This is a simple, yet elegant and impressive entree for your Christmas feast. From allrecipes.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the roast in a roasting pan with the fatty side up.
- 2Loosen the fat from the meat by cutting with a sharp knife.
- 3In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
- 4Spread the mixture under the fatty side and over it as well.
- 5Secure with kitchen twine.
- 6Let the roast sit out at room temperature, no longer than one hour.
- 7Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- 8Bake the roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 325 and continue roasting for an additional 60 to 75 minutes.
- 9The Internal temperature of the roast should be at 145 degrees F (53 degrees C) for medium rare.
- 10Allow the roast to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving so the meat can retain its juices.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Prime Rib
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1229.7
- Calories from Fat 933
- Total Fat 103.7 g
- Saturated Fat 42.4 g
- Cholesterol 257.0 mg
- Sodium 507.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 68.4 g