Recipe by Chef Boy of Dee's
My spousal unit and I are garlic freaks and also love the garlic butter served with seafood. Since we do not eat lobster or shrimp, we wanted something with that garlic butter taste and decided to "kick it up a notch" with Emeril's Essence.
Top Review by Mary Ann Cauwels
OMG! These were so easy to make and talk about good!!! I loved the smell while they were baking. They did not last long as my kids devoured them! These will make great munchies with a few holiday cocktails!! Yummy!!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (20 ounce) package pretzels (stick work best)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (or more if you dare, either through a garlic press or in a food processor)
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence (either commercial or use the recipe here)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, garlic and essence.
- Stir and mix until boiling.
- Place the pretzels in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the pretzels and coat as best you can.
- Spread the coated pretzels into an ungreased baking pan (can be split into two pans for easier tossing).
- Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes (or until the pretzels are no longer wet), stirring every 15 minutes (to recoat the pretzels.) Cool and store in Ziploc or resealable container.
- GREAT with ice cold PEPSI (or beer if you must!).