Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My spousal unit and I are garlic freaks and also love the garlic butter served with seafood. Since we do not eat lobster or shrimp, we wanted something with that garlic butter taste and decided to "kick it up a notch" with Emeril's Essence.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (20 ounce) package pretzels (stick work best)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (or more if you dare, either through a garlic press or in a food processor)
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence (either commercial or use the recipe here)
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, garlic and essence.
- Stir and mix until boiling.
- Place the pretzels in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the pretzels and coat as best you can.
- Spread the coated pretzels into an ungreased baking pan (can be split into two pans for easier tossing).
- Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes (or until the pretzels are no longer wet), stirring every 15 minutes (to recoat the pretzels.) Cool and store in Ziploc or resealable container.
- GREAT with ice cold PEPSI (or beer if you must!).
OMG! These were so easy to make and talk about good!!! I loved the smell while they were baking. They did not last long as my kids devoured them! These will make great munchies with a few holiday cocktails!! Yummy!!
My package of pretzel sticks were only 15oz. I used the same amounts of the other ingredients(except garlic, I used about 10 cloves, smashed in the mortor) very nervous that they pretzels would end up soggy. Nope, perfect, they are working wonderfully on the snack tray I am preparing for each of my fellow employees for the holidays. Very economical too.
I made these for New Years and they were a hit both at the kids' and the adults' parties. They did not taste garlicky when warm, but the longer they sat, the better they were. Very easy and inexpensive. Definitely something to have around the house for snacking and for parties.