Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A savory snack perfect with icy-cold beer.
Make and share this Garlic Pretzels recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (27 ounce) bagof bite sized pretzels
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder (more may be added for extra garlicky flavor)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix worcestershire sauce, butter and garlic powder.
- Pour over pretzels and mix well.
- Spread on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
I kind of agree with what Ellee said in an earlier review. I try to sub margarine for butter if I can, but I was afraid margarine would have too much water content and possibly not enough richness for this, so I did use butter. I only had part of a 15oz bag of pretzels, so I adjusted the ingredient amounts. These were really simple and baked up really well. For easier clean-up, I lined the cookie sheets with aluminum foil. I had a bowl of these right away, they were very good. My roomie tried one, and she said they were good also. Bf hasn't yet tried them. Thank you for posting, Molly. :)
Made these for a party last night, and they were tasty and crunchy, but the bowl was only half-eaten by the end. I don't think I'll make them again; the enhanced taste is not worth the additional fat from the butter!
These are really good! I added a lot of extra garlic! We served with 10-Minute Mustard Dip #131582. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!