Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Squash the tomatoes to give this dish its sauce-no extra chopping. Garnish with finely chopped spring onion or parsley if you want to. From my new favourite site healthyfoodguide.com.au
- 1 small head broccoli
- 300 g egg noodles (4 small blocks)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 cups large shelled prawns, raw
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic cloves
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes (approx 400g)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- fresh ground black pepper
- sea salt
- Cut the florets from the broccoli into bite-sized pieces and set aside. Slice off and discard any rough pieces from the remaining stalk then slice into small pieces.
- Cook the noodles in a pan of boiling water according to packet instructions. Add the broccoli for the final minute of cooking. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok or large non-stick frying pan until hot. Add the oil, prawns and garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes, until the prawns turn pink. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes and squash down with the back of a spatula to release the juices. Cook for 1-2 minutes then add the wine and bubble for 1 minute. Return the prawn mixture to the pan, season with salt and pepper then toss through the drained noodles and broccoli.
- Divide among four bowls and serve immediately.
Made this when we had a guest for dinner & the 3 of us devoured it in no time! Absolutely & wonderfully satisfying, & I wouldn't change a thing in the recipe! Wish I could give a higher star rating, though! Many thanks for sharing this great, easy-to-prepare recipe! [Made & reviewed in the current Think Pink Special}