Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from Good Taste December 2006
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock powder
- 6 cups water
- 400 g risoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g green prawns, peeled and deveiend, tails intact
- 280 g artichoke hearts
- 100 g semi dried tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons lemon rind
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Combine the stock powder and water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Add risoni and cook following packet directions for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until the prawns curl and change colour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the prawns, artichoke, tomato, lemon rind, lemon juice and basil to the risoni and gently toss until just combined.
- Divide among serving bowls and serve immediately.
We enjoyed all the fresh, Mediterranean flavors in this dish. Next time I'll cut the artichoke hearts into smaller pieces so you can have a bit of artichoke with every bite. Made for Photo Tag.