Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Don't dismiss lentils too quickly - they're filling, healthy and easy to combine with other flavours, as this dish proves. From bbcgoodfood.com
- 400 g peeled tiger shrimp, raw (defrosted if frozen)
- 2 red chilies, deseeded and finely chopped
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 200 g puy lentils
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- Place the prawns in a shallow dish.
- Mix together half the finely chopped chilli, lime zest and juice, garlic and oil, then pour over the prawns. Cover and chill for 20 mins to marinate.
- Meanwhile, put the lentils in a pan, cover with twice their depth in water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 15-20 mins until tender. Top up the water if you need to.
- To make the dressing, put the remaining chopped chilli, the soy, honey and vinegar into a small bowl and stir together. Drain the lentils, then tip into a large bowl. Spoon over almost all the dressing while the lentils are hot, tip in the sesame seeds, then mix well.
- Heat a frying pan until really hot. Lift the prawns out of the marinade, then fry for 1-2 mins each side until pink and lightly golden. Pour in the marinade and bring to the boil.
- Fold the chopped coriander through the lentils, then spoon onto serving plates. Top with the prawns and any pan juices.
This is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!!! It is soooooo easy to make yet so gourmet and tasty!! I love the marinade, it did not overpower the shrimp. It only enhanced the flavor of the shrimp and you got hints of lime not an overabundance. The dressing in the puy lentils and then if it couldn't get any better,,,, then the toasted sesame seeds, just really made this dish one of the best Asian-influenced dishes I have ever tried!!!! This was a really super easy to follow, tasty, and lovely recipe,,,,thanks so much for posting!!!!!!