1/4 Photos of Garlic Prawns With Asian Puy Lentils
Chef Citron's Note:
Don't dismiss lentils too quickly - they're filling, healthy and easy to combine with other flavours, as this dish proves. From bbcgoodfood.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g peeled tiger shrimp, raw (defrosted if frozen)
- 2 red chilies, deseeded and finely chopped
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 200 g puy lentils
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1Place the prawns in a shallow dish.
- 2Mix together half the finely chopped chilli, lime zest and juice, garlic and oil, then pour over the prawns. Cover and chill for 20 mins to marinate.
- 3Meanwhile, put the lentils in a pan, cover with twice their depth in water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 15-20 mins until tender. Top up the water if you need to.
- 4To make the dressing, put the remaining chopped chilli, the soy, honey and vinegar into a small bowl and stir together. Drain the lentils, then tip into a large bowl. Spoon over almost all the dressing while the lentils are hot, tip in the sesame seeds, then mix well.
- 5Heat a frying pan until really hot. Lift the prawns out of the marinade, then fry for 1-2 mins each side until pink and lightly golden. Pour in the marinade and bring to the boil.
- 6Fold the chopped coriander through the lentils, then spoon onto serving plates. Top with the prawns and any pan juices.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Prawns With Asian Puy Lentils
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.8
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 126.0 mg
- Sodium 1073.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar