Recipe by I'mPat
Another from the mother in law. I don't leave tails intact, personal preference. Preparation time includes peeling prawns. Spring onions also known as scallions or green onions. UPDATE - thank you to Karen Elizabeth would never have thought to use this as way to cook the prawns to ADD to other dishes such as she did with a vegetable stir fry - great idea, thank you. A PLEASE NOTE - I now have a 900W microwave and I find 3 1/2 to 4 minutes does it, When this recipe was first presented wattages in ovens where very low so the higher wattages today will determine the cooking times.
Top Review by Tisme
My DH looked so puzzled and screwed up his nose, when he was told the prawns were to be cooked in the microwave.
His comment after eating this was "Well the hardest part was shelling the Prawns!!!"
He and DD loved this, DD wanted more sauce, but that was my fault because I tipped some off as DD dislikes Sherry so much, I was thinking it would taste too much of Sherry and she would not notice if I gave less sauce.
WELL..........I was abruptly told by her to "Leave it alone next time!" Sheesh she loved the sauce.........Go figure!!!!
I also used a combination of oil and butter, and next time (Yes, there wil be a next time) I will cook for less time, (my fault again, I did not take note of Pat's A PLEASE NOTE, IN THE Introduction.
So quick and so easy, and this was thoroughly enjoyed by DD and DH, they both loved it, and DH is still suprised it was done in the microwave!
Thanks Pat, wonderful recipe!
- 500 g prawns (raw)
- 78.07 ml peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed or minced or 2 teaspoon from jar)
- 29.58 ml spring onions (white part finely chopped)
- 29.58 ml dry sherry
- 0.25 ml Tabasco sauce (or 1 dash chili powder or 1 small chilli pepper, finely sliced, deseed or not)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein prawns, leaving tails intact.
- Put prawns into a microwave proof dish or divide prawns into 4 microproof ramekins.
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over prawns or divide between the 4 ramekins.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with crusty bread.