Recipe by Hey Jude
Simple, delicious garlic prawns - we like these over noodles. Recipe is from Arun's restaurant in Chicago. Do not substitute oyster sauce for the fish sauce, they are not interchangeable. If you need to substitute the fish sauce, use either Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce.
Top Review by spatchcock
Easy and good! A little salty for my taste, but I guess I should have expected that with the fish sauce. Next time I'll reduce the amount to 1 tbsp. I made it as a quick lunch for me and DH. thanks for posting!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb prawns or 1 lb shrimp, peeled with tails left on and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add garlic, cook and stir until garlic is translucent, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, fish sauce, cilantro, black pepper and white pepper; cook over medium heat, stirring often, until shrimp is opaque, about 3 minutes.