Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Garlic Prawns cooked in the oven (or can be cooked on top of a B.B.Q.) Serve these with thick crusty bread and dip the bread in the sauce. Serving size will depend on the amount of prawns you get.
- 1 kg green king prawns
- 2 cups olive oil
- 125 g butter
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed & finely chopped
- 2 small red chilies, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- chives, snipped (to garnish)
- salt, pepper to taste
- Shell the prawns, and leave the tail intact. (With small sharp knife, make a slit down the back of the prawns and carefully remove the back vein. Wash the prawns and pat them dry.).
- Divide the oil between 4 individual heatproof dishes, add 30gr butter to each dish & add 2 crushed cloves of garlic into each dish. Divide the chopped chillies between the 4 dishes.
- Season with salt and pepper & put the dishes onto an oven tray and place in a moderate oven for 10-15 minutes or until the butter and oil are very hot.
- Very carefully remove the dishes and tray from the oven & divide the prawns between the dishes. Return to oven for about 8-10 minutes, or until prawns change colour. Note: Your cooking time will depend on the size of the prawns.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Wonderful recipe, and so classy looking. The calorie/kilojoule count is through the roof. I made half a batch for three people, and we all loved it. So I reckon you could adjust the existing recipe to say it will serve 6 to 8. I've saved the leftover (now flavoured) oil to use in other recipes. Yummo!