Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from 30-Minute Chinese Recipes. This can be easily doubled.
- 6 large prawns (head on, shell on)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ponzu sauce (Citrus seasoned soy sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chinese rice wine
- some chopped scallion (optional)
- Rinse the shrimp with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat up a wok or heavy skillet with olive oil and butter. Lightly saute the chopped garlic until aromatic. Add shrimp, soy sauce, wine and sugar, stir well. Cook until shrimp turn pink, turn often.
- Garnish with chopped scallions if desired.
- Can be served with white rice.
WOW - these are incredibly tasty! One of the best prawn recipes I have tried so far. This will be one of my keepers for prawns now, and we'll always think of you when we have them. Thanks for leaving us such a pleasure. May your soul be happy forever.
Made in memory of Papa D.