Recipe by SweetChef
Shrimp and garlic. Great by itself as an appetizer, or served over pasta.
Top Review by Bergy
Wonderful easy recipe packed with flavor - I love Old Bay spice and this combination of lemon, garlic & wine is so tasty - It adds to the flavor - it does not overpower the prawns. I used Marsala wine in place of sherry6 Dec 09 Made again and enjoyed as much as last time
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup cream sherry
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, melt butter over low heat. Add garlic, and cook until softened - about 10 minutes - but don't let the garlic brown.
- Add Old Bay, and cook 2 min, stirring constantly so garlic & spices don't burn. Add lemon juice and sherry and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, simmer 1 minute, remove from heat.
- Add parsley and shrimp to the garlic butter and toss together. Cook over medium heat until shrimp turn completely pink. Serve immediately, or at room temperature.