Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
So Simple, but to die for!
- 500 g green prawns
- 4 -5 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Melt Butter in pan or micorwave and add garlic, rind of one lemon, 1 teaspoon of parsley and a dash off salt and pepper to taste. Then squeeze juice of half the lemon over the top.
- Pour this over the prawns. (in a baking dish, I put them onto pre-soaked wooden skewers, but this is optional.).
- Grill in oven at 180 degrees celcius for 4-5 mins (or till prawns turn orange) then flip prawns and repeat.
- Squeeze the juice of the other half of the lemon, and remaining parsey and PRESTO! the best garlic prawns EVER!
Excellent. Loved the butter and garlic together but who wouldn't with shrimp. The lemon juice just added a nice tart flavor that we love. I didn't have parsley but I don't think that made a difference in the flavor. I used large Tiger Shrimp because I don't know what green prawns are. Thank you so much for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
These shrimp were so delicious! I had a hard time stopping before I made a pig of myself :) I marinated the shrimp in the marinade, then grilled on the grill pouring the marinade over them as they cooked.
Just the way I like my prawns - garlic, lemon and some butter. I didn't have any parsley so had to omit it. Next time, next time! Thanks for a wonderful dinner jodieim