1/5 Photos of Garlic Prawns
These are tastier than anything I've ever eaten in a restaurant, and, better still, can be made a few hours ahead of your guests arriving. The recipe can be easily adjusted to feed less or more as required. The quantities given here are for a main course. I would normally serve this with steamed rice. This recipe is adapted from English food writer, Delia Smith.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove prawn heads and peel prawns, leaving tails intact.
- 2'Butterfly' prawns by turning them on to their backs and, working from the tail, use a small, sharp knife to slit them almost in half lengthwise.
- 3Press down lightly with your hand to flatten them slightly.
- 4Remove and discard the 'vein' located along the length of the cut.
- 5Place the prawns in a single layer into a buttered baking dish.
- 6Now, simply combine the melted butter, garlic, lemon rind and juice, 1 tablespoon of the chopped parsley and a good pinch or two of black pepper and pour evenly over the prawns in the baking dish.
- 7At this stage, the dish can be covered with plastic wrap and kept in the fridge until you are ready to cook it.
- 8To cook, preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- 9Place the baking dish on the highest shelf of the oven.
- 10Cook prawns for 5-8 minutes, or until pink.
- 11The prawns will take more like 7-8 minutes to cook if they have been prepared earlier and chilled.
- 12To serve, sprinkle lightly with salt and with the reserved parsley.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.5
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 368.4 mg
- Sodium 1594.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 34.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of