Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy risotto
- 225 g peas
- 120 g zucchini, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 250 g arborio rice
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 225 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of
- 3 cups fish stock or 3 cups vegetable stock
- 300 g cooked prawns, peeled,tails intact
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- Blanch peas and zucchini in boiling water for 1 minute, then drain, refresh under cold water and drain again.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frypan, add onion and saffron, and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until onion is softened but not coloured.
- Add the rice, garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add lemon rind and a third of the stock and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat twice by separately adding the remaining thirds of stock.
- Add prawns, blanched vegetables and lemon juice, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in parsley and season.
This was a good recipe. The only changes that we made were adding parmesan for abit of flavor, and we did not use the saffron threads. I agree with the other review regarding the flavor of the peas in the dish. I feel it took away abit from the dish. Thank you for posting
Nice recipe Poppy. I cooked a single serve using half the quantities of most ingredients but still used four cloves of garlic along with 200g of tiger prawns. While it tasted great it does look fairly plain, I think adding some blanched and diced red capsicum would help in that regard. The only thing you lost a point on was that I thought the quantity of peas took away from the flavor a little, I think half the amount with the capsicum would be better.