Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Months of trial and error have created the best ! Pasta ! Ever ! For lovers of garlic.
- 250 g pasta
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 100 g ham
- 1⁄2 a leek
- 125 g green garlic prawns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 250 g pasta sauce (white)
- Prep. For pasta, I like egg pasta, thick like fettucini, fresh is nice --
- The anchovy fillets get chopped as finely as possible (or even mashed).
- 100gr ham chopped finely (~3 mm x 3 mm) (not honey ham or processed 'spam' etc).
- 1/2 a leek chopped into 2mm slices or rings.
- 125 g green garlic prawns.
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (or a full teaspoon if using plain prawns).
- 1 250g package of San Remo fresh pasta sauce (white). If you can't get this, find a thick decadent sauce with fresh cream.
- If the prawns are frozen, be sure to thaw them as if you cook them frozen, they will probably be over or undercooked.
- Put a BIG pot of water with plenty of salt on to boil.
- Meanwhile, in a (pref thick based) pan, heat up either a splash of olive oil or a dash out of the anchovy bottle (better).
- Fry up the anchovy mash, leek and ham for 5 mins or so at a lowish heat until the leek is cooked and the mix colours up a bit.
- Stir in the white sauce and just let it go along at low heat.
- That's it for the sauce for the moment.
- Put the pasta in to cook and about 4 mins before it is done (how long that takes will vary a lot depending on fresh vs dried, thickness, etc) throw the prawn in to the sauce and continue to cook them slowly.
- When done, pasta on plate (with a *little* bit of the pot water), sauce on top. Dash on some cracked black pepper and parmesan and prepare yourself for the adulation of your loved one.