I've just found this in my recipe folder and thought you guys might like to try it. The recipe is from the Good Food magazine. Makes a great starter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large raw king prawns, in their shells
- 12 -18 asparagus spears (2 or 3 per tart, it's up to you)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 g shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1 (375 g) package ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 -2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (recipe says "a splash")
- 1 (50 g) package rocket
FOR THE MARINADE AND DRESSING
- 1Preheat oven to fan 200C/conventional 220C/gas 7.
- 2Peel prawns, leaving tail end of shell on.
- 3For marinade, mix oil, garlic, zest and parsley, then season.
- 4Marinate prawns and asparagus in half the mixture, stir lemon juice into remainder for dressing.
- 5Heat oil in a pan, throw in shallots and seasoning and fry over medium heat for 10 minutes until golden and softened.
- 6Cut out 6 x 10cm circles from pastry, lay them on a baking sheet; Using a knife, mark a circle part way through the pastry, 1cm in from the edge; Bake for 10 mins until golden.
- 7Meanwhile, heat a pan, add prawns and asparagus, cook over a high heat for 3-4 mins; Stir in balsamic vinegar, take off heat and add rocket, prawns, asparagus and dressing on top of the pastry rounds.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Prawn and Asparagus Tartlets
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.9
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 209.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of