Recipe by HappyBunny
I've just found this in my recipe folder and thought you guys might like to try it. The recipe is from the Good Food magazine. Makes a great starter.
- 6 large raw king prawns, in their shells
- 12 -18 asparagus spears (2 or 3 per tart, it's up to you)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 g shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1 (375 g) packageready rolled puff pastry
- 1 -2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (recipe says "a splash")
- 1 (50 g) package rocket
FOR THE MARINADE AND DRESSING
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to fan 200C/conventional 220C/gas 7.
- Peel prawns, leaving tail end of shell on.
- For marinade, mix oil, garlic, zest and parsley, then season.
- Marinate prawns and asparagus in half the mixture, stir lemon juice into remainder for dressing.
- Heat oil in a pan, throw in shallots and seasoning and fry over medium heat for 10 minutes until golden and softened.
- Cut out 6 x 10cm circles from pastry, lay them on a baking sheet; Using a knife, mark a circle part way through the pastry, 1cm in from the edge; Bake for 10 mins until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan, add prawns and asparagus, cook over a high heat for 3-4 mins; Stir in balsamic vinegar, take off heat and add rocket, prawns, asparagus and dressing on top of the pastry rounds.