Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've just found this in my recipe folder and thought you guys might like to try it. The recipe is from the Good Food magazine. Makes a great starter.
- 6 large raw king prawns, in their shells
- 12 -18 asparagus spears (2 or 3 per tart, it's up to you)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 g shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1 (375 g) packageready rolled puff pastry
- 1 -2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (recipe says "a splash")
- 1 (50 g) package rocket
FOR THE MARINADE AND DRESSING
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to fan 200C/conventional 220C/gas 7.
- Peel prawns, leaving tail end of shell on.
- For marinade, mix oil, garlic, zest and parsley, then season.
- Marinate prawns and asparagus in half the mixture, stir lemon juice into remainder for dressing.
- Heat oil in a pan, throw in shallots and seasoning and fry over medium heat for 10 minutes until golden and softened.
- Cut out 6 x 10cm circles from pastry, lay them on a baking sheet; Using a knife, mark a circle part way through the pastry, 1cm in from the edge; Bake for 10 mins until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan, add prawns and asparagus, cook over a high heat for 3-4 mins; Stir in balsamic vinegar, take off heat and add rocket, prawns, asparagus and dressing on top of the pastry rounds.