Recipe by gspeed
Top Review by Bayhill
Delicious! We loved these quick and easy potatoes. Our favorite part was the crispy, cheesy-garlic topping. The only changes that I made was to reduce the cheese down to 8 oz. and increase the garlic to 6 cloves. These potatoes were the perfect side dish to our grilled steaks. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper. *Made for 2009 Spring PAC*
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potatoes in large saucepan with enough water to cover and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes Drain well, let stand until cool.
- Preheat oven to 350. Slice potatoes thinly and arrange in lightly buttered shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with 1/3 of cheese.
- Pour over half of cream. Top with 1/3 of cheese. Pour over remaining cream and top with remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle garlic evenly over top. Bake until top is browned and crisp, about 40 minutes.