Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These make a great side-dish because you can bake it right along with your ham or roast.
- 6 large russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 354.88 ml whipping cream or 354.88 ml half-and-half
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine, melted
- 2 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 354.88 ml swiss cheese, shredded
- Butter a shallow 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Arrange potato slices in pan so that they overlap slightly and are level.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine cream with butter and garlic; pour over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 450°F oven until potatoes are brown and tender when pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over potatoes and bake until cheese melts, 8 to 10 minutes longer.
Sharlene, we really liked this recipe. It was easy to prepare, and looked really nice . I chose this recipe because you could really utilize the oven by cooking with the meat dish. It is very tasty and my family liked it a lot. I copied it for my 2 SIL's to take home with them. Thanks for posting this recipe, because it is not in my t&t book.
Simple to put together and tastes wonderful, DH said fantastic potatoes. I used half and half instead of whipping cream and could only fit 5 sliced potatoes in my pan. Used kosher salt and I think that was a bit to heavy for these potatoes. Next time I will use regular table salt or none at all. The only problem I had was the half and half bubbled over in my oven while baking. I will put this dish on a cookie tray or use a baking dish with higher sides next time. Thank you Sharlene for posting this recipe!