These make a great side-dish because you can bake it right along with your ham or roast.
Make and share this Garlic Potatoes Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- Butter a shallow 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Arrange potato slices in pan so that they overlap slightly and are level.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine cream with butter and garlic; pour over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 450°F oven until potatoes are brown and tender when pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over potatoes and bake until cheese melts, 8 to 10 minutes longer.