Recipe by Sharlene~W
These make a great side-dish because you can bake it right along with your ham or roast.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Sharlene, we really liked this recipe. It was easy to prepare, and looked really nice . I chose this recipe because you could really utilize the oven by cooking with the meat dish. It is very tasty and my family liked it a lot. I copied it for my 2 SIL's to take home with them. Thanks for posting this recipe, because it is not in my t&t book.
- 6 large russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream or 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a shallow 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Arrange potato slices in pan so that they overlap slightly and are level.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine cream with butter and garlic; pour over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 450°F oven until potatoes are brown and tender when pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over potatoes and bake until cheese melts, 8 to 10 minutes longer.