Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is adapted from one I found in the July 1978 issue of Bon Appetit. Prep time does not include overnight marinating time or time to pre-cook the potatoes
- 3 large russet potatoes, scrubbed and cooked until tender but still firm (baked is best)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced,much more to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- additional yogurt, for dipping (optional)
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/2" thick slices, leaving skin on, and arrange in a shallow dish.
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients, and blend well.
- Pour over sliced potatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare barbecue.
- Drain potatoes.
- Grill, turning and brushing frequently with marinade, until golden brown and fork tender.
- Transfer to serving platter.
- Serve with additional yogurt for dipping if desired.
- Variation: Use sweet potatoes, or a combination or potatoes.