Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Another old Bon Appetit recipe, I've made this several times. It's very nice with any kind of roast.
- Preheat oven to 375^F.
- Place garlic in small baking dish.
- Drizzle oil over garlic.
- Bake until garlic is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Cool, peel and chop coarsley.
- Reserve cooking oil.
- Increase oven temperature to 400^F.
- Using the reserved cooking oil, grease a 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- Layer potatoes in dish, sprinkling each layer with some of the garlic, nutmeg, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring broth and cream to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake potatoes 45 minutes.
- Uncover dish and bake potatoes 45 minutes longer until potatoes are tender and brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Garnish with extra thyme.