Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
I find it hard to keep my fork away from these puppies.... to say nothing of my mouth. Add chunks of onion if you like. I like! Especially when they get all charcoaly. (new word) ;)
- 3 large baking potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh rosemary, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil whole potatoes with their skins in a large pot of water for 10 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again thoroughly.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them into thick wedges, but do not peel.
- Heat the oil and butter in a small pan with the garlic. Cook gently over low heat until the garlic begins to brown, then remove the pan from heat.
- Stir the herbs into the mixture in the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush the herb mixture all over the potato wedges. (Frankly, I just gently fold the potatoes into the butter/herb mixture, then scoop out with a slotted spoon onto a baking sheet.).
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes until just fork tender, then broil to get a more golden brown crust. Alternately, you can grill the potatoes over hot coals for 10-15 minutes or until the wedges are just tender.
- Transfer the potatoes to a warm serving plate and proceed to hoard them all to yourself. ;).