1/2 Photos of Garlic Potato Wedges
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
I find it hard to keep my fork away from these puppies.... to say nothing of my mouth. Add chunks of onion if you like. I like! Especially when they get all charcoaly. (new word) ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil whole potatoes with their skins in a large pot of water for 10 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again thoroughly.
- 2When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them into thick wedges, but do not peel.
- 3Heat the oil and butter in a small pan with the garlic. Cook gently over low heat until the garlic begins to brown, then remove the pan from heat.
- 4Stir the herbs into the mixture in the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Brush the herb mixture all over the potato wedges. (Frankly, I just gently fold the potatoes into the butter/herb mixture, then scoop out with a slotted spoon onto a baking sheet.).
- 6Bake at 450 for 10 minutes until just fork tender, then broil to get a more golden brown crust. Alternately, you can grill the potatoes over hot coals for 10-15 minutes or until the wedges are just tender.
- 7Transfer the potatoes to a warm serving plate and proceed to hoard them all to yourself. ;).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Potato Wedges
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.2
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 45.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 1.8 g