Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I found the basic idea for this recipe in one of those "checkout aisle" cookbooks. I changed a few things to suit my family's tastes.
Top Review by lizzieatworld
This was great!! I have to say, I wasn't really into it at first and it didn't look to good cooking it either. But boy was i wrong! It turned out way better then i thought and my family loved it. Which is a good thing since my brothers and dad can be a bit picky sometimes. But it's now a new family fav that i've been making alot lately. I tried following your ingredients, but we didn't have everything. So I cheated and used canned veggies and crumbled bacon. But it turned out great, so now harm done. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (save half)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen sliced carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, add beef, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoning salt.
- Cook until beef is brown and onions are tender, stirring often; drain.
- Return to skillet and add half the bacon, and all the carrots and gravy.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in peas and sour cream cook 2 minutes.
- Spoon into an ungreased 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish.
- Take leftover potatoes and garlic powder mix together.
- Border the edges of the pie with potatoes.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.