1/1 Photo of Garlic Potato Topped Stroganoff Shepherd's Pie
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I found the basic idea for this recipe in one of those "checkout aisle" cookbooks. I changed a few things to suit my family's tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (save half)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, add beef, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoning salt.
- 3Cook until beef is brown and onions are tender, stirring often; drain.
- 4Return to skillet and add half the bacon, and all the carrots and gravy.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 6Stir in peas and sour cream cook 2 minutes.
- 7Spoon into an ungreased 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish.
- 9Take leftover potatoes and garlic powder mix together.
- 10Border the edges of the pie with potatoes.
- 11Sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- 12Bake at 375°F for 30 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Potato Topped Stroganoff Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.3
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.4 mg
- Sodium 919.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 24.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: