Garlic Potato Straw Surprise
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Squeeze any excess liquid from shredded potatoes.
- Heat oil in large cast iron skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add half of the potatoes, tossing to coat.
- Push the garlic cloves into the potato and sprinkle with parsley and salt.
- In a separate skillet, heat butter on medium heat and toss remaining potatoes in the melted butter.
- Immediately layer potatoes on top of the potato/garlic mixture, spreading evenly over the first layer.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 45 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and crisp.