Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This fall and winter soup the garlic is not as strong and the recipe sounds.
Make and share this Garlic-Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 5 heads roasted garlic
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups diced baking potatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Roast the garlic and squeeze out.
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Add onion, carrot, and minced garlic, and saute 5 minutes.
- Add potato, broth, salt, pepper, and bay leaf, bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until potato is tender, remove bay leaf.
- Combine garlic pulp and 2 cups potato mixture in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
- Return puree to pan; stir in milk, and cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat, and stir in chopped parsley.