1 hr 20 mins
This fall and winter soup the garlic is not as strong and the recipe sounds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast the garlic and squeeze out.
- 2Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp.
- 3Add onion, carrot, and minced garlic, and saute 5 minutes.
- 4Add potato, broth, salt, pepper, and bay leaf, bring to a boil.
- 5Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until potato is tender, remove bay leaf.
- 6Combine garlic pulp and 2 cups potato mixture in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
- 7Return puree to pan; stir in milk, and cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.
- 8Remove from heat, and stir in chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic-Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (695 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 932.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 18.1 g