Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A hearty and delicious soup. The red pepper will add some heat, so reduce or expand as necessary.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped (more is optional)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper, flakes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 -2 cup vegetable stock or 1 -2 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- In a large soup pot, sauté onions and celery until translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté briefly.
- Add potatoes, cabbage, red pepper flakes, and stock to pot. The stock should be sufficient to cover vegetables and the exact amount will depend on the size of your potatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove 2 cups of the soup from the pot and place in food processor or blender. Add sour cream and milk then puree.
- Stir into the soup and heat through. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with a garnish of sliced red bell pepper.