Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a yummy recipe I created for my cooking class. Sooooo good!!
Make and share this Garlic Potato Skins recipe from Food.com.
- 6 russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- kosher salt
- sour cream
- sliced green onion
- grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork.
- Bake on rack in oven until tender, about 55 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, put the garlic and olive oil in a small saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Cook until garlic sizzles, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and cook until the garlic is tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Raise the oven to 500º.
- Halve the potatoes lengthwise and gently scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch of the flesh attached. Reserve the insides for another recipe.
- Cut the potato halves in half lengthwise and transfer them to a baking sheet.
- Brush with garlic oil on all sides.
- Arrange skin-side up and bake for 7 minutes.
- Turn over, top with shredded cheese, if desired, and bake 8 more minutes.
- Immediately season with kosher salt.
- Top with desired toppings.
I loved the little hit of garlic on these, I adore potato skins at the best of times, but with a little garlic it really made them special! I served them with sour cream and salsa and they went down very well!
Yummmmm.. the garlic adds a great touch. Even better then the restaurants potato skins.