Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is beautiful--and very tasty! You can either make this in the microwave or bake. Directions for both are included.
- 4 russet potatoes
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine garlic, oregano, parsley, rosemary, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Slice potatoes in 1/4 inch slices almost all the way through the potato like you would for garlic bread.
- Spread a small amount of the garlic mixture inside each cut.
- Wrap in heavy duty plastic wrap and microwave on high 12-16 minutes.
- Arrange on a serving dish, press down lightly to fan out the slices.
- Alternate to microwave method of cooking --
- You can spread a light coating of olive oil over the potato and sprinkle with Kosher salt, place directly on rack in stove and bake for 45-60 minutes.
- Arrange on serving dish, press down lightly to fan out the slices.
Fabulous presentation! And, not that difficult to do if you pay attention to what you're doing. We found the flavour a little bland and dry. It seemed like there was too much of the herb mixture. I thought the flavour could have been heightened if the potatoes were drizzled with butter.
Wow - so elegant and easy to do! I made three tonight in the microwave and served with Crock Pot Lemon Turkey Breast which seemed to compliment each other just right. My taters took about 12 minutes in my 1300wt microwave. I made these ahead of time, wrapped in plastic and then put them in the fridge for about 1.5 hours until dinner was nearly ready. Took them out, popped them in the microwave and taadaaa, wonderful potatoes with our turkey.
Made & reviewed for the Cookathon in Support of kzbhansen. Fabulous! I love these potatoes - the whole family does! They are very simple & quick to put together & make lovely sides to a variety of dishes, this time we had them with roast chicken. Thanks Karen!