Recipe by kzbhansen
This is beautiful--and very tasty! You can either make this in the microwave or bake. Directions for both are included.
Top Review by Debbb
Fabulous presentation! And, not that difficult to do if you pay attention to what you're doing. We found the flavour a little bland and dry. It seemed like there was too much of the herb mixture. I thought the flavour could have been heightened if the potatoes were drizzled with butter.
- 4 russet potatoes
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine garlic, oregano, parsley, rosemary, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Slice potatoes in 1/4 inch slices almost all the way through the potato like you would for garlic bread.
- Spread a small amount of the garlic mixture inside each cut.
- Wrap in heavy duty plastic wrap and microwave on high 12-16 minutes.
- Arrange on a serving dish, press down lightly to fan out the slices.
- Alternate to microwave method of cooking --
- You can spread a light coating of olive oil over the potato and sprinkle with Kosher salt, place directly on rack in stove and bake for 45-60 minutes.
- Arrange on serving dish, press down lightly to fan out the slices.