Recipe by ClareVH
I do a lot of improvisational cooking ;-). Here is one of my "riffs" that I actually wrote down. I made it again last night to make sure it is a worthy post...It is.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (6 1/2-9 3/4 ounce) canschopped clams, undrained
- 3 ounces packagesgarlic instant mashed potatoes (I use Trader Joe's brand)
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large saucepan.
- Add chopped onion and shredded carrots and saute until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Stir in clams, potato flakes, potato seasoning packet, and milk.
- Cook, stirring or whisking constantly, until thoroughly heated and smooth.
- Do not allow to boil.
- Add addtional milk for a thinner consistency.
- Garnish with dill weed and shredded cheese if desired.