Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄4 cup shortening (part butter) or 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) bag potato chips, crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In oven, melt shortening with garlic salt and pepper in baking pan, 9x9x2 inches.
- Dip chicken into shortening to coat al sides, then roll in potato chips.
- Place skin side down in pan.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes.
- Turn, bake until thickest pieces are tender, about 30 minutes.
I made this last night for dinner and for something so easy, it was quite good. I subbed all butter instead of the shortening but otherwise made as posted using bone-in chicken breasts and some leftover potato chips. I baked at 375Âº for about 50 minutes and the chicken came out nice and moist. Thanks so much posting!