3 hrs 10 mins
Kat R's Note:
This is a SUPER EASY delicious meal that goes best with mashed potatoes and veggies! I loved it growing up and now my husband and son love it too! I know the bottle of ketchup can be a turnoff, but my best friend HATES ketchup and even she loves this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the pot roast in a baking dish or dutch oven large enough so that the sides of the dish exceed the height of the pot roast.
- 2Pour entire bottle of ketchup over pot roast.
- 3Add water so to just cover pot roast (I use the ketchup bottle to add the water so I also get the last little bit of ketchup out of the bottle.) If you want, you can whisk the ketchup/water a little to break it up, but it's not necessary.
- 4Peel and quarter the 3 onions and add to the dish.
- 5Peel the 3 cloves of garlic and add.
- 6Add the 1 Tbs pepper and give the whole think a quick stir.
- 7Now, just cover and place in a 350°F oven for about 3 hours (or until meat is tender).
- 8Remove roast and onions and move to serving plate. Whisk in a tablespoon or two of flour into the sauce to thicken the gravy or leave as is if you want a thinner sauce.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 708.6
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 1410.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 45.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: