Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a SUPER EASY delicious meal that goes best with mashed potatoes and veggies! I loved it growing up and now my husband and son love it too! I know the bottle of ketchup can be a turnoff, but my best friend HATES ketchup and even she loves this!
- 1 (2 -3 lb) pot roast
- 1 (16 -18 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 3 medium yellow onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Place the pot roast in a baking dish or dutch oven large enough so that the sides of the dish exceed the height of the pot roast.
- Pour entire bottle of ketchup over pot roast.
- Add water so to just cover pot roast (I use the ketchup bottle to add the water so I also get the last little bit of ketchup out of the bottle.) If you want, you can whisk the ketchup/water a little to break it up, but it's not necessary.
- Peel and quarter the 3 onions and add to the dish.
- Peel the 3 cloves of garlic and add.
- Add the 1 Tbs pepper and give the whole think a quick stir.
- Now, just cover and place in a 350°F oven for about 3 hours (or until meat is tender).
- Remove roast and onions and move to serving plate. Whisk in a tablespoon or two of flour into the sauce to thicken the gravy or leave as is if you want a thinner sauce.