Recipe by Ceezie
A great recipe that has some prep time but not enough to deter you from making this great dish. I plan on trying to make this in crockpot that will be as tasty as the oven version. Prep time is the minimum marinated time - best to marinate overnight. Recipe Source: Relish Mag
- 1 head of garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorn
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- bone-in pork shoulder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place garlic, salt, peppercorns and oregano in the bowl of a food processor. Process until garlic is chopped. Add olive oil and vinegar and process to form a thick paste. Place pork in a large roasting pan fat side up and score top with a sharp knife. Rub garlic mixture over meat; refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place pork in oven and roast about 3 hours, until the internal temperature reaches 160°F Let pork cool slightly and then chop or tear into large chunks.