Recipe by WendyinGermany
This is a recipe from Canadian Living On-line. I will be making this again, although I will increase the amount of herbs used. My husband and I found the recipe as is, a bit bland. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 (2 1/4 lb) double boneless center cut pork loin roast (about 1.125 kg)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a mortar and pestle crush fennel seeds, place in a small bowl.
- Mix in garlic, thyme, oil, dry mustard and salt & pepper to form a paste. Rub all over roast.
- Place roast on a rack in roasting pan. Roast in centre of a 325°F (160°C) convection oven until meat thermometer insterted in the middle registers 160°F (70°C) - about 80 minutes.
- Transfer to cutting board, tent with foil & let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- If cooking in a conventional oven, set temperature to 325°F (160°C) and roast on middle rack for approximately 2 hours.