Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
We have this on a regular basis because the local grocery often run sales on pork. Takes about 15 minutes in the morning and dinner is ready when you get home. House smells good when you walk in too!
Top Review by JasmineP
What a tasty and tender roast! I did not use any lemon as last time we used lemon peel/rind in a slowcooker, the veggies were inedible. Even without the lemon, everything else turned out great! If your pork roast has a small fat cap on it, i suggest when browning the roast, really let that fat cap crisp up before placing in slow cooker, and place roast with the fat cap up.
- 1 (3 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 8 slices fresh lemon peel (3x1/2-inch each)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, cut in 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 (16 ounce) bagpeeled baby carrots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Place pork roast in skillet and cook until just browned on all sides.
- Transfer pork to 5 to 6 quart slow-cooker pot, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add broth, onion, garlic, lemon peel, potatoes and carrots to pot. Sprinkle with thyme.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook pork and vegetables on the low setting 7 to 8 hours or until pork and vegetables are tender. Skim any fat from broth. Serve pork with vegetables and broth.