Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I like to call this Stuffed Garlic Pork Roast! It is delicious!
- 1 (5 lb) pork loin roast, backbone loosened (about 5 pounds)
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- With a sharp knife, cut a deep pocket between each rib on meaty side of roast. Combine green pepper, onions, celery and garlic; stuff deeply into pockets. Season roast with salt and cayenne pepper. Insert meat thermometer. Place roast, rib side down, in a shallow roasting pan. Bake uncovered, at 325 degrees for 2 to 3 hours or until thermometer reads 160 degrees. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving.