Prep 8 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Tender, delicious pork with a lovely sauce.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) boneless pork roast
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cooking wine
- Use a pointed knife to make slits around the pork.
- Push garlic slices into slits.
- Rub roast with salt and pepper.
- Put in roasting pan.
- Bake at 325F degrees for 3 hours.
- Remove from pan and let stand.
- Place pan on burner, on high, skim fat.
- Add water and wine; cook until reduced by half.
- Serve over slices of roast.
This is as good as it sounds,I will make this again. thanks Inez for another keeper!!
I had forgotten all about this recipe until this morning. I was looking through my saved recipes for something to make for dinner tonight and this is perfect! I made it about a year ago and it was delicious!!
Definitely use a roast with a layer of fat on it to make sure you get a great sauce, but the mean is tender and delicious!