Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From our local paper, with some tweaking. Delicious.
Make and share this Garlic Pork Cutlets With Buttered Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Heat oil in a frypan that will take the cutlets in a single layer and which will go into a preheated oven.
- Over a moderately high heat, brown the chops on both sides until they are golden, remove to a plate.
- Add the potatoes and cook them until they are a golden colour, remove to a plate.
- Add the bruised garlic and cook for a minute of so longer.
- Add the chops back into the pan, and top with the potatoes and some of the bruised garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour over the wine and boil for a few minutes.
- Put pan into the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a medium pot and add the cabbage and season with pepper and salt, cover and cook over a low heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- To serve place a bed of cabbage on the plates and top with a chop and a portion of the garlic and potatoe wedges.
i never really have had wine with cabbage , i liked it i have vermouth which i what i used just a little . i liked the mixture of flavors from the garlic and wine with the cabbage
Delicious; a lovely meat-potato-vegetable combination that with a fruit side or dessert, is a perfectly balanced meal. Rather than using full-sized potatoes, I used mixed baby potatoes from the farmers market--purple, red, yukon gold and fingerling--and just halved them. My butter for the cabbage inadvertently got to be browned butter but I think that added to the depth of flavors. My (boneless) pork chops were fork tender and juicy! I'm delighted I tried this recipe.
Garlic, pork & wine....what more can you ask for LOL. Very good blend of flavours. I didn't have any garlic cloves so used 1 heaped desertspoon of crushed garlic from a jar. This worked well. A keeper for us :) Made for Aus/NZ swap March 2009