- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pork loin chops
- 4 -5 medium potatoes (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 2 heads garlic (small and separated into cloves and lightly bruised)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup white wine
- 30 g butter
- 1⁄4 head cabbage (about 2 cups shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Heat oil in a frypan that will take the cutlets in a single layer and which will go into a preheated oven.
- Over a moderately high heat, brown the chops on both sides until they are golden, remove to a plate.
- Add the potatoes and cook them until they are a golden colour, remove to a plate.
- Add the bruised garlic and cook for a minute of so longer.
- Add the chops back into the pan, and top with the potatoes and some of the bruised garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour over the wine and boil for a few minutes.
- Put pan into the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a medium pot and add the cabbage and season with pepper and salt, cover and cook over a low heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- To serve place a bed of cabbage on the plates and top with a chop and a portion of the garlic and potatoe wedges.