Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I downloaded this recipe from Taste of Home Website. It was submitted by Krysten Johnson. I used refrigerated pizza dough instead of prebaked shell and used more garlic. We really enjoyed these! Serve as appetizer or serve wih a meal.
- 1 (14 ounce) prebaked italian bread pizza crust (I used 13.8 Pillsbury refrigerated dough)
- 1 cup gated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place crust on an ungreased 14 in Pizza Pan. (I stretched my refrigerated dough on greased pan and brushed with olive oil and baked at 400 degrees for 8 minutes and then proceeded as follows.).
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise, onion, garlic and oregano.
- Spread over crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees (with the refrigerated dough I left my oven at 400 degrees) for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm or slightly cooled.
Sorry, I really didn't like this recipe. The mayo disappears as it cooks and the bread really needs a creamy element.
This is just wonderful. So easy and tasty! I just love the red onions with this. Great flavor and I will make this a lot.
Wonderful! I can't believe that these few ingredients make such a tasty bread to go with dinner. I thought it might taste too mayonnaisey but it really didn't. I loved the little crunches of the red onion. Thanks so much for posting! Made for 12 Days of Christmas recipe swap.