Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the best ..one of the few recipes that is mine This started off as a mistake, turning back and forth in a cook book We make this every Friday night and have pizza and movies in the living room.. Garlic Pizza Crust
- Dissolve yeast in water and add sugar.
- wait a few minutes.
- add oil and salt and garlic .
- mix in 3 cups flour and whip about 10 min till it leaves the side of the mixer bowl.
- add remaining flour w/ dough hook or by hand.
- knead till smooth.
- allow to rise twice in the bowl.
- punch down.
- (I rush this a bit) oil baking sheets .use fingers press out to edges.
- Makes 2 pizzas, cookie sheet size, let rise a bit and top.
- bake at 425* 20min.this is fantastic.
- crust smells slightly like garlic bread.
- but is notstrong.
- We usually make one cheese and the other with ground.
- beef, ham, onion and mushroom.
- Even the kids say it is the best crust so far.
- This makes 2 cookie sheet sized or 12 after school snack size I form them in thebottom of a cheapo pie pan, top and bake completely and put them in zip bags.
Very yummy. I made this last night. My dough never rose or the 20 mins i waited may not of been long enough but i cooked it at 4250 for 10 mins and the crust came out perfect! and then i put my toppings on it and backed that for 20 mins and it was very delicioius! all made in a cookie sheet
This was a great pizza crust! It had a very nice flavor. I halved the dough and made the first half to fit into a large rectanular cookie sheet and the other half I made into rolls for dinner the next day, which made 12 rolls perfectly for the amount of dough. Thanks for sharing. I will be using this more often!
Very good recipe. I made this in my breadmaker with a half recipe. Worked really well - the dough had a lovely consistency and no problems baking with a thick layer of vegetables on top. Very good for sheaking in garlic for kids that are a bit garlic resistant at the moment.