Recipe by Smiling in Texas
This recipe was found on the web at some point. It was easy to make as well as being wonderful! NOTE: Instead of making 2 family sized pizza crusts, you could also make about 12 individual pizzas - great for kid snacks!
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper, blend (optional)
- 4 1⁄2-5 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast into tepid water. Add sugar and allow to sit a couple of minutes.
- In mixer, add salt, oil, garlic, and lemon pepper mix.
- Add the yeast mixture.
- Mix in 3 cups of the flour and mix until the dough pulls away from the sides of the mixing bowl. (This will take about 4 minutes.).
- Add flour half a cup at a time until the dough is no longer sticky and well mixed.
- Allow dough to rest for several minutes in a covered bowl.
- Divide in half, and roll out to a 13-14 inch circle.
- Prick the dough with a fork all over.
- Add favorite pizza sauce and toppings.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.