Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the best pizza...way better than the ones you get from pizza places...and it's really simple!!!
- 1 prepared pizza dough, not cooked (best if already formed)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Allow pizza dough to be in the refrigerator for at least one day so it will be defrosted.
- Allow pizza dough to sit out for 30 minutes.
- Combine margarine, 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Brush margarine mixture onto pizza dough using a pastry brush, allow for about 1 inch for crust.
- (all of it will not be used--you will have extra!).
- Sprinkle w/extra parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
Great pizza. Made the recipe just as written but sprinkled on some extra garlic powder rather than the extra parmesan.
This was very good, and I added some chopped chicken as well. I used podapo's pizza dough Pizza Dough and added some minced garlic to the dough with terrific results! Thank you Katrina for a simple but tasty pizza! :)
I have been looking for this recipe for years, without seeing this one. A favorite dish from Torre's Pizzeria in Kansas City is White Pizza. I've tried every combination of garlic, butter, olive oil, and cheese and didn't come as close as this recipe. I added mozzarella instead of the extra Parmesan. I used Karin's Easy Peezy Pizza Dough #35805, and this was great! DH loved it! Next time I'll follow the directions and not add all of the butter mixture to the pizza. When it melted, it went off the stone and made a bit of a mess. Small price to pay!